As a Licensed Psychologist for over 20 years, Dr. Lynda Mathis has successfully treated individuals with depression and anxiety. In recent years, she has also come to specialize in couples therapy, and in 2016 she became certified in Emotionally Focused Therapy for Couples.
About Dr Lynda Mathis
Dr. Lynda Mathis is from Richardson, Texas where she graduated from Richardson High School in 1979. Lynda has an M.S. in Experimental Psychology from U. T. Arlington, and a Ph.D. in Clinical Psychology from U. T. Southwestern Medical Center.
Following her post-graduate education, Lynda worked at U.T. Southwestern in the Psychology Department while starting a family with her husband, Roger Mathis.
After two years, she elected to stay home full-time with their young children. In 2006, she then opened a Clinical Psychology practice in Flower Mound where she practiced for 20 years.
In 2011, Lynda began advanced training in Emotional Focused Therapy for couples in Boulder, Colorado. She continued training in Boulder and Denver for the next 5 years, traveling repeatedly to the area for the extensive training required to be a certified EFT therapist. In 2016, she received her certification. Dr. Mathis helped to establish the North Texas Emotionally Focused Therapy Community in 2014 (NTEFTC.com) and served on the steering team of this community of therapists for 5 years. In the meantime, she enjoyed playing viola for the Flower Mound Symphony Orchestra, traveling, and spending time with friends and family. In 2019, she moved with her family to Boulder County and opened her practice in Boulder. She is excited to be a new member of the Flatirons Community Orchestra.
Dr. Mathis has been married to the love of her life, Roger Mathis, since 1998.Roger is from Baytown, Texas and is a dentist practicing in Coppell. He enjoys riding, repairing, building, and reading about bicycles.
Lynda and Roger have two daughters. Their oldest, Madeleine, is an artist, musician, author, and film maker, and examples of her art can be found on her Deviant Art website as “Madelei” and on her personal website MadeleineMathis.com.
The youngest child, Chloe, graduated from the University of Colorado, Boulder, in 2018, with a degree in Psychology. She plans to attend graduate school in Counseling.
- Certified Emotionally Focused Therapist, 2016 – Present.
- Licensed Psychologist, State of Colorado, 2019 – Present
- Licensed Psychologist, State of Texas 1998 – Present.
- Texas Psychological Association, member.
- American Association of Marriage and Family Therapy, member.
- International Centre for Excellence in Emotional Focused Therapy, member.
- Certification in Emotionally Focused Therapy for Couples, 2016.
- Advanced Training in the Gottman Method, 2006-7
- Ph.D., University of Texas Southwestern Medical School, 1996.
- M.S., University of Texas at Arlington, 1989.
- B.A., Stephen F. Austin State University, 1983.
- Psychologist at U.T. Southwestern Medical Center in Dallas, 1998-2000, Therapy and assessment of pain patients, including relaxation, biofeedback and cognitive techniques to relieve stress and anxiety.
- Psychologist in private practice 2006-Present.
- Stability and Level of Self-Esteem as Predictors of Anger Arousal and Hostility. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 1989.
- Stability of Self-Esteem: Assessment, Correlates, and Excuse-Making. Journal of Personality, 1992.
- Prevalence of psychopathology in Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Patients. Journal of Occupational Rehabilitation, 1992.
- Psychopathology in Carpal Tunnel Syndrome and Predictors of Treatment Outcome. Dissertation, 1996.
If Dr. Lynda Mathis can be of help or assistance, why not give her a call on (972) 355-8050 or send her an email in complete confidence.