As a Licensed Psychologist for over 20 years, Dr. Lynda Mathis has successfully treated individuals with depression, anxiety, and other problems, and couples in distress from across the Dallas-Fort Worth area. In recent years, she has come to specialize in couples therapy, and in 2016 she became certified in Emotionally Focused Therapy for Couples.
About Dr Lynda Mathis
Dr. Lynda Mathis is from Richardson, Texas where she graduated from Richardson High School in 1979. Lynda has an M.S. in Experimental Psychology from U. T. Arlington, and a Ph.D. in Clinical Psychology from U. T. Southwestern Medical Center.
Following her post-graduate education, Lynda worked at U.T. Southwestern in the Psychology Department while starting a family with her husband, Roger Mathis.
After two years, she elected to stay home full-time with their young children. In 2006, she then opened a Clinical Psychology practice in Flower Mound, where she continues to practice.
In 2012, Lynda began advanced training in Emotionally Focused Therapy (EFT) for couples and was certified in EFT in 2016. She helped to establish the North Texas Emotionally Focused Therapy Community in 2014 (NTEFTC.com) and continues to serve on the Steering Team of this community of therapists. In her free time, Lynda enjoys playing viola in the Flower Mound Symphony Orchestra.
Dr. Mathis has been married to the love of her life, Roger Mathis, since 1998.Roger is from Baytown, Texas and is a dentist practicing in Coppell. He enjoys riding, repairing, building, and reading about bicycles.
Lynda and Roger have two daughters. Their oldest, Madeleine, is an artist, musician, author, and film maker, and examples of her art can be found on her Deviant Art website as “Madelei” and on her personal website MadeleineMathis.com.
The youngest child, Chloe, is a college student at University of Colorado, Boulder, and loves singing, writing songs, piano, and musical theater. She is earning her degree in Clinical Psychology and plans to attend graduate school in Counseling.
- Certified Emotionally Focused Therapist, 2016-Present.
- Licensed Psychologist, State of Texas 1998 – Present.
- Texas Psychological Association, member.
- American Association of Marriage and Family Therapy, member.
- International Centre for Excellence in Emotional Focused Therapy, member.
- Certification in Emotionally Focused Therapy for Couples, 2016.
- Advanced Training in the Gottman Method, 2006-7
- Ph.D., University of Texas Southwestern Medical School, 1996.
- M.S., University of Texas at Arlington, 1989.
- B.A., Stephen F. Austin State University, 1983.
- Psychologist at U.T. Southwestern Medical Center in Dallas, 1998-2000, Therapy and assessment of pain patients, including relaxation, biofeedback and cognitive techniques to relieve stress and anxiety.
- Psychologist in private practice 2006-Present.
- Stability and Level of Self-Esteem as Predictors of Anger Arousal and Hostility. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 1989.
- Stability of Self-Esteem: Assessment, Correlates, and Excuse-Making. Journal of Personality, 1992.
- Prevalence of psychopathology in Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Patients. Journal of Occupational Rehabilitation, 1992.
- Psychopathology in Carpal Tunnel Syndrome and Predictors of Treatment Outcome. Dissertation, 1996.
If Dr. Lynda Mathis can be of help or assistance, why not give her a call on (972) 355-8050 or send her an email in complete confidence.